In the past year, I’ve spoken and worked directly with hundreds of women entrepreneurs, executives, consultants and small business owners who are, as I was at one time, in complete denial about their money situation. They know they’re not earning nearly enough or they’re spending too much, and money is slipping through their hands, but that’s as far as their recognition of the problem goes.
In short, their heads are deep in the sand about their money relationship. They’re working hard to ignore the obvious – the inevitable misery that will come unless they change directions, and fast.
How can you tell if you’re in denial about your money situation?
Here are 7 glaring signs that you’re in money trouble:
1. You can’t pay your monthly mortgage or your rent without tapping into savings, retirement, home equity loans or other funds.
2. You are using your credit cards each month to buy essentials such as food, clothes, and gas.
3. Your small business, consultancy or private practice is losing money each and every month, and despite your valiant efforts, nothing you do is changing that fact.
4. All the ways you’ve made money in the past don’t work now.
5. You don’t have a Plan B in the event your Plan A fails, and you don’t have the necessary benchmarks and signposts to tell you it’s time to change course.
6. You’re hanging on by a thread to your “Build it and They Will Come” mentality, but they’re not coming.
7. Someone you love and respect has been telling you over and over that you’re in denial and things must change, but you’ve ignored them or argued against them bitterly
Do any of the above sound like your situation? If so, PLEASE act now. Don’t wait another day. Your money situation simply will not improve unless you do things very differently, starting today.
What should you do differently?
I’ve just read a terrific book called Life! by Design (highly recommended) by Tom Ferry– a well-known success coach and motivational leader — and he outlines 6 steps to changing your life and “living by design” which I think apply perfectly to changing your money situation. These are steps I explore with all my clients as well.
These six vital steps are:
1. Wake up from your coma – be aware of the key areas in your life that need attention today
2. Make the choice to change your life
3. Create your life by Design
4. Do the things that bring you power
5. Practice visualizing yourself already there, in possession of what you want
6. Create structure and accountability by telling others around you about your plans and goals
I know from experience that in order for your money situation to change you must wake up to the severity of it, and commit to changing your situation by taking new empowered actions that will change your course. To do things differently, you need a new, fresh perspective that includes concrete, practical, and effective support, know-how, and help.
And yes, you can do this, despite the negative stories you’ve told yourself that you don’t have what it takes. I know you do have what it takes to revise your money situation — you wouldn’t be reading this information if you didn’t have access to the necessary resources, courage, faith and resolve to make this important life change. The energy of money is pervasive in our culture – there’s no escaping it. In this lifetime, you’re being called to empower yourself so that money will flow in your life, and support you as you flow with it.
The problem of money breakdown in women is so enormous today that I’ve committed myself to be an active part of the solution. I’m excited to share that I’m launching this Fall a new marketing and communications consultancy branch to my business Ellia Communications, designed to help women entrepreneurs, executives, consultants and private practitioners step up to their highest visions in their work by find the right marketing, communications, and business planning strategies to support their empowered goals. Stay tuned for more on that!
In the meantime, come for a specialized reading about your financial situation as it pertains to your career, small business or practice. Call me for a Private Career Consultation. I’ll help you see where you’re blocked around money, and support you to begin taking new steps that will release you from your financial traps. Also, check out my book Breakdown Breakthrough, Chapter 10: Escaping Financial Traps (or write me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free chapter download).
I’d love nothing better than to help you emerge from your financial woes so you can be all you wish to be in this life and in your work.
You’re ready for this new step, and so is your life!
One thought on “7 Signs You’re In Denial About Your Money Situation”
Will I be paid weekly or monthly? strattera atomoxetine obtain emergency counseling and treatment, at their own expense, at
Comments are closed.