CAREER CHANGE: IS IT TRULY TIME FOR REINVENTION?
— The 5 Core Steps to Successful Career Reinvention —
Join me on this LIVE coaching call as I share how to determine if career change or reinvention is the best next step in your professional life.
July 28th, 2011
1:00 pm to 2:00 pm EST
Location: Your phone
For 18 years, I was in a career that, for a good part, didn’t fit me well. While I was considered “strong” at my work, several of the cultures I found myself in were misaligned with my values, interests, and standards of integrity. In the last few of my corporate career, I was chronically ill and miserable. Why did I stay? Because I thought I was stuck with no way out, and I thought the problems I faced were my fault.
But after a brutal layoff in the days following 9/11, my wake-up call arrived. I decided in one flash of a moment that I would NEVER allow myself to feel this way again – undervalued, exhausted, longing for work-life balance, disconnected to what I was doing – in short, selling my soul. I decided that if others could find enriching work that was self-sustaining and rewarding, why couldn’t I?
So I reinvented my career – I earned a masters degree in marriage and family therapy, became a therapist and a career coach, conducted national research on women overcoming professional crisis, wrote a book, and founded a women’s career coaching and executive consulting business.
I worked very hard but it was worth it. The outcome – I’m now supremely fulfilled in my work, and feel grateful and excited to be doing what I’m doing. I now know what it feels like to be one of the fortunate ones to love what they do professionally, and who they do it with – in charge of my life.
But I’ve been where you are now…
I once struggled with the same challenges you are facing – feeling like a fulfilling and successful career was out of reach. That’s why I’m excited to share my strategic career development insights with you.
In this teleclass I will share:
- The top six reasons people want out of their jobs
- The 12 “hidden” crises that 9 out of 10 working women face today
- How to determine if it’s time to change your job and career
- What abundantly successful professionals do and think that makes them different
- What five steps you can take today to create a more fulfilling and successful next chapter in your career
You’ll learn the 5 Core Steps to Achieving Successful Career Transition, including:
- Get Clear – understand what’s involved in career transition, and gain clarity on what you truly want (and if you’re ready and committed to doing what it takes).
- Power Up – Learn new ways to reconnect to your confidence and power as it relates to your professional capabilities
- Explore the Options – Understand your priorities, needs and values, and research/evaluate the work and career options available
- Update Your Professional Persona –Refresh your skills, refine your professional profile, and prepare to put yourself out there in a new way
- Network and Market Yourself Effectively –Tap into and expand your network, and “market” yourself and your talents with authenticity, power, and integrity
If you’re a professional considering career change, you won’t want to miss this live coaching call with Kathy.
(And see Kathy’s latest article on Forbes.com about “The Top Six Reasons People Want Out of Their Careers.”)
About the Speaker:
Kathy Caprino, M.A. is a nationally-recognized career and work-life expert, speaker and author of Breakdown, Breakthrough. Founder/President of Ellia Communications – a career and executive coaching firm for professional women, Kathy is a sought-after writer and speaker on career trends and issues, and has appeared in over 100 leading magazines and newspapers and on national TV. In her role as VP of Marketing Recruitment and Development at Synergy Partners USA, Kathy also has a birds-eye view into what employers want and candidates need to land fulfilling roles today. Visit www.kathycaprino.com for more info.
Registration is now closed.
For more information, call Kathy at 203-834-9933 or email email@example.com.
– Back to Ellia Communications home page-