In my work as a success coach for solopreneurs, consultants, small business owners, and private practitioners, I’m frequently asked questions about how people should price their work, package their programs and services, and create compelling offers that generate a “Yes – I’ve got to have this!” buy-now response.
I’ve learned over the years that to develop high-demand programs and services that offer great value AND generate the revenue you want takes much more than just strong marketing copy. It requires keen insight, customer perspective awareness, courage, healthy boundaries, great relationship-building and engagement skills, and finally, a real grasp on your competition and your audience, and what they need, want and will pay for.
The key blocks I’ve observed to pricing your products successfully or getting the sales response you want include:
1) Your deep down fear that no one will pay what you’re asking
2) A lack of understanding and articulating what you offer that stands apart from the competition
3) Not creating a sense of urgency or reason to buy NOW
4) Your insecurity about the true value of what you offer (and a lack of proven outcomes to demonstrate your value)
5) Connecting with the wrong audience for what you have created
6) Confusing your enthusiasm and excitement for your product with your customers’ true feelings about it
7) Not guiding your prospective customer through a compelling process that inevitably leads to a sale
If you struggle with your pricing strategy, below are 5 key tips from my latest Work Reimagined Q&A column for understanding what’s necessary to price your programs effectively, and connect with ideal clients and customers whom you love to serve.
Click below for the full article:
Pricing programs effectively, particularly for women, brings up fears, insecurities and deep questions about our worthiness and our right to make great money. Before you make a decision about your pricing, do the inner work required to connect you to why you’re worth the great financial success you long for.
What is your deepest challenging in figuring out how to price your work and your programs effectively? Please share!
(For hands-on help to price your programs effectively and earn more money doing work you love, check out my Jumpstart Your Entrepreneurial Success program. And check out my Amazing Career Project for help creating more success, happiness and reward in your work.)