As so much national research is revealing, women are sadder and sicker than ever before, and more so in midlife than in other times of their lives.
Here’s recent Huffington Post piece about the sad and shocking truth about women.
There’s speculation abounding about why, but no real answers. Further, with men still being named the research experts on women (so irksome!), the headway is slow in uncovering the real truth.
Based on my seven years of research with thousands of women nationwide, there are seven hidden reasons why women are struggling deeply today, and failing to find success, health, joy, or purpose:
1) An Ill-Fitted Career Model: The current competitive career model simply doesn’t fit women
2) An Extreme Overload: The current gender roles don’t work – women are still doing the vast majority of domestic responsibility even when they work or are the primary breadwinners
3) “Who can I look up to?” There are very few female role models – from the past or present — of successful, happy, powerful and healthy women who work and raise a family
4) “I’m not supposed to!” Women are culturally trained NOT to do the things required of them to lead happy, healthy, powerful lives (including: speaking up, feeling confident and powerful, displaying self-esteem and leadership, knowing what you want and having an intensive focus in getting it, putting yourself first, etc.)
5) “What do I choose?” Women are paralyzed by all the options in front of them (children, work, domestic responsibilities, rising to high ranks, working out of the home or in, having their own business vs. corporate job, etc).
6) “I’m ashamed.” – Women feel guilt and shame about where they are and what they feel today, and about pursuing steps that will help them gain power and self-actualization
7) Women Are Tough on Women – Women are very hard on themselves and other women — critical and punishing in their actions and beliefs — especially to other women. Why? Because they’re struggling and have been for years, and people who are in pain and struggling are not generous and giving.
All of these obstacles hit women hard. Men do not face these crises in the same ways.
Wake up world!! Women are radically different from men and that’s a good thing! They differ in their values, priorities, dreams, styles, visions, but they’re told somehow that it’s not ok to be different. Women are struggling hard, but ashamed of their differences, and continually hide or deny their suffering.
The time is now! Let’s help women step up to what they truly want, to create a breakthrough in how they live and work. For this to happen, women must accept who they are authentically, power up and step up to get what they want, and stop making excuses.
It’s time for women to give themselves permission to choose the life of their dreams, and get 3000% committed to having it!
Please reach out today (crisis is the perfect time to reinvent) if you need a breakthrough in your life. Take advantage of my FREE 30-minute coaching strategy call to help you 1) gain clarity on what you want, 2) understand what’s holding you back, 3) create a powerful plan to achieve your goals.
Every day you don’t move toward breakthrough, is a day that’s stolen from your life. What are you waiting for?